SCORCHING WEATHER CAUSES FIRE NEXT TO ACADEMY
THIS weekend's heatwave proved a busy time for fire crews after heat from the sun set a pile of rubbish alight.
Firefighters from Kilwinning were called to a blaze which started when the sun burned through glass setting fire to a pile of rubbish in Sandy Road next to Irvine Royal Academy.
Crews arrived to find paper and cardboard on fire and after careful investigation found the fire had been ignited after the sun burned through some broken glass, which was strewn amongst the rubbish - setting the pile alight.
For the full story, see this week's Irvine Times.
This article appeared in Irvine Times 01 Jun 12