Ardagh Glass League Cup quarter-final
IRVINE VICTORIA 2 (Buffs won 4-2 on penalties)
HEROIC home goalie Adam Strain saved two penalties after Buffs were pushed all the way by their lower league rivals in a pulsating last-eight tie at Abbey Park on Wednesday.
Stevie Wilson's visitors twice came back from behind against the heavily favoured hosts and it was the Abbey Park side who were more relieved to hear the full-time whistle with Vics in the ascendancy.
The home side got off to the best possible start in  just four minutes when a Mick Wardrope shot from outside the box went in off the post.
Buffs began well and Ben Lewis shot narrowly wide from 20 yards in 12 minutes. At the other end three minutes later, a through ball was aimed at Kevin Adam but the home defence cleared the danger.
The hosts had another opportunity in 19 minutes when a Lewis effort from 25 yards was saved by visiting goalie Ryan McLaren. 
However a minute later, it was all-square when Eddie Alborh rifled a shot home from the edge of the box.
McGuinness then shot just wide from outside the box in 22 minutes and Vics then had an opening two minutes later when Sean Mears saw his 30-yard effort well gathered by Strain.
Buffs kept battling for a second goal and in 29 minutes Carlo Monti shot inches over the bar from 25 yards in 28 minutes.
On the half hour Alborh set up Adam, whose rifling 25-yard drive was well handled by the home goalie.
Eight minutes later, Alborh ran on to a long through ball before glancing a shot just wide from 10 yards. In 39 minutes a Mick Wardrope header from Findlay Frye was saved on the line by the home goalie.
Substitute Bryan Boylan added in an injection of pace to the home attack when he came on and on half-time he headed a Monti cross narrowly wide from six yards.
David Winters sent an effort narrowly wide from 25 yards three minutes after the break.
The hosts restored their advantage in 55 minutes when Ricky Hanvey shot low into the bottom corner from 25 yards.
 Then Boylan shot just over the top in 57 minutes and two minutes later McLaren saved at the feet of Lewis after he had been set up by Ricky Hanvey. A 20-yard Lewis effort was saved by McLaren in 64 minutes.
 Vics were back on level terms in 69 minutes when substitute Ryan Singleton found Alborh and he returned the ball to the substitute striker, who blasted home from eight yards.
Boylan sent a diving header inches wide in 75 minutes but eight minutes later at the other end Adam headed narrowly past a post from close range.
In 85 minutes Buffs defender Joe Coleman was given second yellow card for swearing at the referee and two minutes later Jamie Whyte followed him for an early shower after being harshly red-carded for a challenge which merited a booking at most.
Three minutes into injury-time visiting midfielder Callum Davidson sent a 25-yard drive inches wide.
Into the shootout and Winters scored for Buffs with Adam replying. Wardrope then put Buffs 2-1 ahead before goal hero Singleton saw his effort saved. Sam McCloskey netted for Buffs and Davidson slotted home. Monti then scored for the hosts and Mears had his shot saved as Buffs set up a home semi-final with Auchinleck Talbot next Wednesday night.
KILWINNING RANGERS: Strain; Monan, Hanvey, Morris, Whyte, Wardrope, Frye, McGuinness, Winters, Lewis, Monti. Subs: Coleman, Maitland, Boylan, Hill, McCloskey.
 IRVINE VICS: McLaren; Craig, Wood, Young, Bonner, Wilson, Mears, Davidson, Adam, Ablorh, Hamilton, Singleton, Hollis, Burt, Lamb.