A KILWINNING teenager who sexually assaulted a woman after a Hogmanay party has been placed on the Sex Offender’s Register.

Cameron McLuckie, 18, attacked the woman in Irvine’s Littlestane Road in the early hours of New Year’s Day this year.

Kilmarnock Sheriff Court previously heard how McLuckie and his victim were walking home together from the party they attended.

But it was during this walk that the teen seized the woman before struggling with her, kissing her, inserting his hand into her clothing, groping her and pulling her dress up.

McLuckie, of Montgreenan, stood trial in October where the complainer gave evidence and faced questions from prosecutor Martin Peters and defence solicitor Simon Brown.

During Mr Brown’s cross-examination, the woman admitted she had no concerns about leaving the party with McLuckie who claimed he was going back to his father’s house.

She added that they were once closer friends and had kissed on a previous occasion.

The victim denied Mr Brown’s suggestion that it was simply the case that McLuckie put his arm around her and tried to kiss her.

When Mr Brown asked if McLuckie would have had a “reasonable belief” that his victim would not be upset by if he kissed her, the woman simply replied “no”.

The victim’s mother also faced questioning.

She claimed she drove her daughter home from a friend’s house following the party and claimed her daughter was “very disappointed” in McLuckie’s actions.

When giving further evidence she claimed the incident affected her daughter’s health.

She said: “When I picked her up she was quite tearful, her voice was showing how she was speaking. There was a slight tremor in her voice.

“She didn’t want to go to school, her health took a bit of a turn. She has problems with her kidney and we attended doctors appointments quite regularly in a short period. It flares up when she’s stressed like exams time. She had never been like that before and it lasted all the way up until she left school in June.”

Presiding Sheriff Alistair Watson found McLuckie guilty after trial but cleared him of a charge of sending menacing Snapchat messages.

McLuckie returned to court for sentencing last week following the preparation of social work reports.

He was sentenced to 18 months of supervision and placed on the Sex Offender’s Register for the period of his supervision.