A person was treated for smoke inhalation after ablaze broke out at an Irvine home.

Firefighters responded to the blaze just before 5pm on Tuesday, mobilising several engines to the scene.

A spokesman said: “The Scottish Fire and Rescue Service was alerted at 4.39pm on Tuesday, June 3 to reports of a fire within a second floor flat on Scott Road, Irvine.

“Operations Control immediately mobilised a number of fire engines and firefighters extinguished the flames.

“One person was treated by paramedics for smoke inhalation at the scene.

“Crews left the scene after ensuring the area was made safe.”