A KILWINNING pervert is facing jail after being caught deleting hundreds of calls and texts from his mobile phone.

William Wood appeared in court on Monday and admitted to breaching his five-year Sex Offender’s Prevention Order (SOPO) in January this year.

The court heard officers employed with monitoring Wood’s movements appeared at his home in Garnock View for a routine, unannounced visit and found him trying to sneakily conceal his mobile phone.

The fiscal told the court: “On January 29 at around 9.30am officers attended at his home address to carry out a home visit. The accused invited them in and upon entering the living room, officers observed a small, black mobile phone on the arm of the sofa.

“Officers then had a look around the bedroom and on returning to the living room noted that the mobile phone that had been sitting on the sofa was now in the coffee table which was cluttered with other items.

“He began showing officers some paper work and then tore up a piece of paper which he discarded on top of the coffee table, covering the phone.

“He was asked to provide his phone to officers and stated he no longer owned a mobile phone.

“The device on the table was thereafter pointed out to him and he replied he had “forgotten about it”, before handing it over.

“On checking the phone it was noted that the call log went back to January 1 and there was 20 messages in the inbox dating back to December 18, 2018.

“There appeared to be no messages in the sent or out box.

“A full analysis of the phone found that there had been 171 incoming or outgoing calls made and 1, 208 incoming or outgoing text messages.

“There was a significant difference to what was found on the day by officers, which was 36 calls and 20 text messages.”

Sheriff Watson adjourned for reports but warned Wood that jail was an option.

He said: “It may well be that you are looking at a period of imprisonment but before I make my mind up I would be interested in reading a social work report and they will be able to provide some view of what kind of risk you pose.”

Wood, who was remanded in custody, replied “Yes sir” before being led back to jail.

He will return to court on June 17 for sentencing.