A BARBERS in Kilwinning has caught fire with crews tackling the blaze.

Footage shows thick smoke billowing from the back of Frew's Barbers on Howgate around 12.30pm.

No injuries have been reported with owner Alan Frew evacuating a customer at the time. 

The barber said: "The fires went up fast and out of control before someone seen it. The fire brigade have dealt with the fire and are undergoing checks to building."

Fire crews are at the scene tackling the flames. 

Four appliances rushed to the scene to deal with the fire which had gripped the two-story building. 

A spokesperson for the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service said: "We were alerted at 12.32pm on Friday, November 27 to reports of a fire within a two-storey building on Main Street, Kilwinning, North Ayrshire.

"Operations Control mobilised four fire appliances and crews currently remain in attendance as they work to extinguish the flames.

"There are no reported casualties."