A CAMPING trip descended into disgusting racist abuse and an assault with a handsaw before the drunken offender smashed up his better half’s house then kicked a police officer wearing only his boxer shorts.

Brian Mitchell, 30, pled guilty to four charges after attacking and racially abusing a security guard in Irvine Road, Kilwinning on February 25 this year.

The Procurator Fiscal said: “He met with a friend to go camping in Eglinton Country Park”, adding “the accused had a handsaw which was 50cm in length to cut firewood”.

The court heard that after they found a spot, the accused’s ex partner brought them some food – but as Mitchell had been drinking alcohol she told him he was not allowed back to her house later that night.

However, after finishing the alcohol they decided to go back to the house anyway, then approached a road maintenance site at around 12.40am, which had a security guard on duty in a cabin.

The Procurator Fiscal added: “The witness saw the accused approach the cabin and shouted ‘you are a w****r n**ger and “n**ger w****r’.

“The guard then noticed that the accused was holding the saw before he then struck him on the arm with the saw.”

The court heard the security guard then locked himself inside the cabin and contacted the police.

When the pair later arrived at the house on Irvine Road, Kilwinning Mitchell’s then partner prepared the couch for his friend and let him sleep upstairs.

In the bedroom he then called her a “slag” and ordered her to leave “my house” – despite it being her home.

He then began throwing items around the room before shouting “we are f*****g done”.

Mitchell was later found in the garden in only his boxer shorts.

He then kicked a police officer who was trying to apply a spit mask to the accused.

Mitchell appeared via video link when he appeared from custody last week [Monday, June 21] – after bail was refused at a previous petition hearing at Kilmarnock Sheriff Court.

Mitchell, currently residing in HMP Kilmarnock, also awaits sentence for uttering threats to damage another ex partner’s property in Kilbirnie back in March 23 last year.

Sheriff Shirley Foran said: “I will have to ask to get a report before I deal with you - I’m not optimistic but we will see if there are other options.”

He will remain in custody and return for sentencing at a later date.