AN IRVINE dad who admitted causing a scene outside a primary school in the town after a court heard he was not allowed to see his children ‘for no reason’ has been tagged and ordered to do unpaid work as a punishment.

David Moffat, 40, appeared in court for sentencing last week after admitting causing fear and alarm outside the children’s school in September.

The man also admitted a second charge of threatening or abusive behaviour – this time after sending abusive messages to a woman he had split up with just four days before the incident outside the school.

In relation to the latter charge, Kilmarnock Sheriff Court was previously told the accused and the witness had been in a relationship for six months before they separated.

Chris Munro, prosecuting, said Moffat sent her a message stating she was a “f****** saddo”, a “sleekit creeping b******” and “f***wit” and “watch this space f****** c***”.

“He was interviewed at Saltcoats police station where he made admissions during the interview.”

In relation to the school incident, Mr Munro said: “The witness and accused were in a relationship for five years.

“At 3pm on September 22 the witness attended [the school] to pick up her daughter. The accused was at the gates.”

He shouted: “I’m not breaking a court order”, adding “I’m going f****** nowhere”.

The woman went into the school and contacted police.

Defence solicitor Ashley Kane told the court the second complainer was the children’s mother – who, she claimed, had been denying her client access to his children.

She said: “When they split, she stopped him seeing the children for no reason.”

Sheriff Thomas Ward interjected, saying: “From charge one, he seems like an exemplary character.”

Ms Kane added: “His emotions were running high particularly due to not seeing his children, and he suffered anxiety and stress.

“He accepts the behaviour was not acceptable.”

Sheriff Ward told the court he would have to get a criminal justice social work report as well as a restriction of liberty order assessment ahead of sentencing.

When the man returned to court for sentencing on December 21, he was given a community payback order with 18 months supervision.

He was also given a restriction of liberty order which will see him tagged and required to stay at home from 7pm-7am every night for three months.

Sheriff Ward also imposed an order banning the man from having any contact with either woman, or attempting to contact them, for 18 months.

for a period of three months remaining at home from 7pm-7am.

A non-harassment order was also put in place for 18 months for both women.

Any criminality can be reported to Police Scotland by calling 101. In an emergency, you should dial 999.